Terms and Conditions
Nothing herein contained is intended to affect, nor will it affect a customer’s statutory rights under the CONSUMER RIGHTS ACT 2015 or any amendment thereof.
- In these terms and conditions, ‘We’ are the Company referred to as the service provider in your Service Agreements (estimates, job sheet or invoices). ‘You’ are either the company or person referred to as the customer in such agreements. Such Service Agreements are those signed by you, which incorporate these Terms and Conditions.
- You and Collison Motoring Services Ltd shall be bound by the following Terms and Conditions which shall incorporate any additional details found in your Service Agreement Contracts.
- Any person signing such a Service Agreement on behalf of a company must be authorised to do so.
- A written estimate will be supplied when requested at the time of estimate or booking, and, so far as is in our power, the original value not exceeded, except with your express agreement. We will explain such variation as soon as we are aware of the need, and only proceed with your authorisation.
- All work carried out as part of your Service Agreement (whether free of charge or chargeable) will be itemised on the final invoice and at each relevant stage prior to this. You must notify us of any amendment to the work you have requested as soon as possible, although we cannot undertake to accept amendments to the original booking if insufficient notice is given. For example it would not be possible to incorporate significant additional work into a fully booked day, or to replace a part that is not available at the notice you have given us.
- You must undertake to be contactable (as far as is reasonable) for the duration of the booking, and provide all relevant contact details at the point of delivery or before. We cannot take responsibility for delay to the completion of work on your vehicle when we have been unable to contact you, or you have not returned messages we have left.
- We will invoice you or your company based on the information given at the time of estimate or booking, and it is your responsibility to check that such details are correct. Likewise, in so far as is possible, we will require vehicle details from you at the point of estimation. Although we will do our best to facilitate any customer and booking, we are not responsible for incorrect parts being ordered or incorrect prices being given if the original information is faulty.
- Any delay to the original completion arrangement will be communicated to you with as much notice as possible and documented on the current part of the Service Agreement. We will minimise all delay by every means available, but cannot be held responsible for delays beyond our control.
- Should we need to cancel an arranged appointment wherever possible we will undertake to reschedule this at a time convenient to you within the following week. We will also consider the remuneration of any reasonable expenses you have incurred through our cancellation. Should you need to cancel an appointment we would appreciate as much notice as possible and will impose no financial penalty unless this occurs more than twice, or (in the event of cancellation) we are unable to get our money back on a part that has been specially ordered. In either of these cases a minimum of our costs will be invoiced, and a maximum of our losses in terms of unfulfilled labour hours set aside.
- We will not go into lockable or personal storage areas of your vehicle. It is therefore essential that items such as locking wheel nut keys, fuel keys, documentation or your service book are left in a visible area in the vehicle, such as the passenger seat, on your departure. It will also speed progress on your vehicle if you leave us details of any alarm or immobiliser codes when you deliver your keys.
- Parts replaced in the course of repair will be kept until collection of the vehicle or for 24 hours (whichever is sooner) to give you opportunity for your inspection. Such parts remain our property, unless there is a previous claim on them.
- We will only release the vehicle to you when repairs are completed, and on full payment of the invoiced value unless a credit account has been established. All major forms of cleared funds are accepted. All parts fitted remain our property until cleared funds are received.
- The Company is proud of its quality standard of work, and guarantee all parts and work provided on your invoice for 12 months or 12,000 miles, or such a period as is specified by the manufacturer. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Whilst we undertake to care for your vehicle to our utmost, we are not liable to you for any loss of or damage to the vehicle, nor do we accept responsibility for any property that you leave in the vehicle unless we have been negligent.
- Should your vehicle not be collected within a reasonable time period from the completion of repairs, or authorisation for repair not given promptly after notification, we reserve the right to charge for storage of the vehicle on our premises. In certain circumstances we reserve the right to sell the vehicle in accordance with the TORTS (INTERFERENCE WITH GOODS) ACT 1977.
- In the event that you are dissatisfied with any part of your service from us, please do discuss this with reception as soon as possible. Should this not resolve the issue, please contact the Managing Director, Mr Rob Collison, and he will initiate our official complaints procedure (details available on request). We offer free and independent mediation and conciliation in the event of being unable to reach agreement, and undertake to abide by whatever decision is made in such a manner. Through our membership of Bosch, the RMI and the IMI Motor Industry Codes, we offer Alternative Dispute Resolution as defined in their individual codes, and freely available on their websites and in our premises.
- We reserve the right to store limited details concerning you and your vehicle for the purposes of advising you of safety updates, of when further work may be necessary, or to check the quality of your experience at Collison Motoring Services Ltd.